New for 2015 is the A700-D2-S – Rebuildable Damper Set.
The damper allows for both dampening adjustment via thicker silicon oil, and consistent performance since the racer can rebuild the shock.
Included within the 2015 Car Lines
- A700 Evo II
- A700 Evo IIC
Or as an upgrade to existing Awesomatix cars. Requires the AM17L and AM17R Damper Holder included within every kit except for the original A700. 4x A700-D2-S are required for one car.
- The initial position of the OR12 O-ring near the outer edge of the AT41. OR12 moves into the hole/ST46 channel during oil expansion and prevents the oil squeezing through the output seal (OR15)
- Insert the AT41 Rotor into the AT42 case
- Stand the damper up and fill it to the top with 500cst silicone oil. Oil should cover the AT41 Rotor completely.
- It is highly recommend that damper be placed into a vacuum pump to remove air. Otherwise let the damper sit for 30m+ to allow air bubbles to escape
- Place OR18 O-ring in the groove of the AT40 damper nut
- With the damper still vertical, screw AT40 onto the AT42 with a 9mm socket wrench until fully threaded. Do not force the AT40 damper nut – once aligned, it will screw on easily.
- Screw ST46 into AT41 with a 1.5mm hex driver. Upon assembly some oil will seep through the thin gap between AT40 and AT41.
- Place OR15 O-ring into the AT40. You can use the thin flat small screwdriver for this. (TIP: Use a bit Asso Green Slime for this O-ring)
- Place B85 Bearing into the AT40.
- Place three 5x7x0.1mm shims onto the AT40 output shaft
- Install the complete damper into the AM17 but do not tighten the SC2x6 screw yet.
- Install the SPR02 into the slot on the AT40 output shaft. The tip of the SPR02 may be sanded for easier installation.
- Secure the SPR02 with SS3x3.
- Rotate the complete damper within the AM17 until the maximum up travel is reached. The damper do not rotate more than 30 degrees.
- Secure the SC2x6 screw in the AM17.
The new rebuildable dampers no longer support Asymmetrical Dampening configurations like the prior A700-DR6 and A700-DL6 dampers.
After installing the A700-D2 into the car, you must set Arm Upstop limiters within the P12 part. It is recommended to have a 15 to 16mm Upstop limit set.